New Missions Hurricane Update
// New Missions
After receiving a blow by hurricane Matthew, Sunday morning showed the resilience of the Haitian people. Our churches gathered for prayer and worship—thanking God for sparing the Leogane Plain from the severe devastation seen in other parts of Haiti.
• The local church is the greatest force of good, globally.
• Please remember our pastors and churches in your prayers, as they are at the center of serving their communities.
Though some of our campuses received damage, all of our New Missions Christian Academy campuses resumed regularly scheduled classes TODAY.
• Repairs and cleanup is still taking place at several of our campuses.
• Decouze, Ti-Boucan, L’Acul and Brache-Milot still have repairs that need to be made.
• Donations to our “Where Needed Most” fund will help us make these necessary repairs possible. Please visit http://newmissions.org/help
Our churches in Haiti will be making special mission trips to hardest hit areas such as Les Cayes and Jeremie.
• We will be delivering shoeboxes filled with gifts, sneakers, pillows, sheets and blankets.
• Currently, there are no passable roads to reach these areas.
• The United States military is conducting helicopter deliveries of aid, along with performing search and rescue missions.
We have no reported deaths within our schools and churches.
• The death toll from this massive storm continues to rise as more and more bodies are found.
• Current counts are as high as 800+ in Haiti, and is changing daily.
In the wake of hurricane Matthew, please continue to pray. We have these ways you can help Haiti now:
• Donate http://newmissions.org/help
• Collect pairs of NEW sneakers http://GiveSneakers.com
• Send NEW pillows, sheets and blankets to New Missions 2500 Sand Lake Road Orlando, FL 32809.
Charlie and Rachel DeTellis, along with their son, Nathan, are still in Haiti. We are in close contact with them.
Again, we are so thankful for your faithful prayers.